EV charging. At your fingertips.
Introducing the AmpCharge app.
Why choose AmpCharge app
Discover where to find your nearest AmpCharge charger, anytime, anywhere.
- Search for a suburb, city or charge location
- Let us notify you as soon as a charger becomes available
- Access your favourite chargers with just a few taps
- Start your charge using a QR code at any AmpCharge charger.
We offer several easy payment methods including credit/debit card, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Need a tax invoice? No problem. You can access an invoice of your charging session and search your previous charging sessions in the app.
Find out how often you charge your EV and for how long, with access of up to 90 days charging session history.
Control your charging session. At the push of a buttonYou can start and stop your charging session all within the app. The easiest way to get started is by scanning one of the charger connector QR codes on one of our AmpCharge chargers. Simply follow these steps:
Scan QR code
Scan the QR code next to the charger connector you want to use with our AmpCharge app.
Select a payment method you have configured and select ‘Start Charging’.
(a temporary $30 pre-authorisation hold will be placed on your card and refunded).
Don’t forget to plug-in your cable before walking away.
Download the app.
Our app is free to download for iOS from the App Store or for Android from the Google Play store. So what are you waiting for?
Need a hand?
Require some help at one of our charging points? We’re here 24/7 for anything you need. Get in touch via 13 14 04
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s get you started.
- Locate and navigate to the nearest AmpCharge charging point via the AmpCharge App
- Select the charger and connector you wish to use in the app or scan the QR code
- Select a payment method or add a new payment method (a temporary $30 pre-authorisation hold will be placed on your card and refunded).
- Select ‘Start Charging’ to begin your EV charging session
- Connect the charging connector to your vehicle
- Select ‘Stop Charging’ to end your charging session.
- Check that your EV is unlocked.
- Un-plug your charging connector and place back into the charging point
- Your payment will then be taken and you’ll be notified of the total cost of your session.
- And that’s it, you’re good to go.
- Navigate to sessions tab in the app to view previous charge sessions
- Make sure your cable is securely connected to both your vehicle and the AmpCharge charging point
- Check your internet connection – try using mobile signal instead of WiFi, and vice versa
- Try closing the app completely and reopening it
- Use the digital screen on the AmpCharge charging point to check that it’s working
If none of the above work, please call our 24/7 customer services team on 13 14 04 and we’ll do our best to help you.
Please don’t press the red emergency stop button unless there is a real emergency – this will disable the unit until an engineer is able to attend to the charge point.
Before you can start your AmpCharge charging session, you will be prompted in the app to select your payment method. Each time you select your payment method (or add a new payment method) for AmpCharge, a temporary $30 pre-authorisation hold will be placed on your card. This small transaction confirms the payment method is valid and helps protect our customers from fraudulent activity.
The pre-authorisation hold amount will be automatically refunded to you once your charging session is complete and payment was successful. The refund process could take up to 5 business days depending on your bank.